- Threads for Hand and Machine
- Patchwork & Quilting Fabric
- Embroidery Fabric
- Wool & Felt
- Patterns & Kitsets
- Books & Charts
- Haberdashery & Accessories
- Gifts and Gift Cards
In 1598, Lady Anne Clifford wrote a letter to her father that featured a beautifully painted border. Inspired by that Shakespearian-era design, Jane Nicholas has created her own embroidery, stitched on ivory silk satin in stumpwork. It showcases 14 assorted flowers and fruits popular at the time, from the Apothecary rose, borage, heartsease, and periwinkle to redcurrants, barberries, plums, and strawberries.
Use the border to surround a mirror or enclose a special photograph, monogram, or treasured memento.
- Gorgeous stumpwork designs from the Elizabethan era
- Includes diagrams and photographs with clear instructions
- Expert and long-standing stumpwork author